Wednesday 25 January 2012

Minor Irritation

It's been a while since I've posted, which I'm still deeply ashamed of. Summer is like a lobotomy, which results in me being unable to construct a sentence, and being relatively happy means that there's nothing to complain about, save for the usual things. Not to mention the short attention span, which means I don't get around to recapping things like the Simpsons the way I keep saying I will.

So I've been out shopping a couple of times lately (yay, losing money!), and have noticed ads for the new series of the Biggest Loser. In these ads, you see the trainers posing naked, with a tagline talking about learning to love yourself. The tagline is great, but I'm thinking they could have used pictures of the contestants instead, as they're the ones losing weight. Plus, it's apparently a dating show now, so the line is even less relevant when the focus is on the trainers. I doubt the trainers have any severe relationship issues, and if I looked like them, I'd love myself too! Apologies if this doesn't make sense, but it's one in the morning and I simply needed to vent this issue of great importance before going to sleep. This rant has me thinking I really should go into advertising.

In other news, I bought myself the first series of Pokemon on Friday, which I've been watching constantly ever since. Sad, I know. I should recap that as well, as it has some priceless moments. My first broad observation: Ash Ketchum is a fuckwit. I'm pretty sure I had much the same opinion as a child, but, due to the fact that I was a child and life was great, the feeling would have been much less vehement. Second observation: in one episode, our 'heroes', as the narrator insists on calling them, have stopped to eat. I might not know much about Japanese culture, but I damn well know rice when I see it! Despite the fact that they were eating rice, Brock repeatedly calls them jelly donuts. Bloody Americans. Now, I could handle that attempt to make the show more relatable if attempts such as these were actually consistent. A few episodes later, the characters seem to have remembered their Japanese roots, and are now calling their snacks rice balls. Useless, yes, but I never promised that my ranting would be anything of importance!

*stops for breath* Now that those earth-shattering issues are off my chest, I should really go to sleep, so I can be prepared for another wonderful day of nothing. The joys of prolonged unemployment...

No comments:

Post a Comment